NAFTA continues to fund and support projects that bring lasting benefits to residents and the environment
NAFTA’s activities have made the company a long-term integral element of several regions in Slovakia. Every year NAFTA provides funding to a number of wonderful initiatives that seek to further develop the places where the company has its operations. That is why Green Regions is backing major projects to raise public awareness about environmental protection, such as creating and beautifying green areas, installing trash bins, waste segregation and environmentally friendly lighting. We see great benefits in them for local communities.
Quality education is another basic pillar of the future we want to promote effectively as part of Interactive Education. Not neglected among NAFTA’s initiatives is balancing sports with the digital age we are now in.
In 2021, NAFTA provided grants to 74 projects that contributed toward improving quality of life and regional sustainable development.
Projects NAFTA has supported particularly include:
- Revitalizing municipalities by planting greenery and tree alleys
- Upgrading and replacing public lighting to make it more environmentally friendly and to save more energy
- Creating and renovating relaxation areas by installing benches, bike racks and waste collection bins for segregating waste
- Developing educational programs, buying modern technology and purchasing teaching aids
- Building or reconstructing playgrounds, athletic fields, bicycle routes and community centers in towns and villages
- Sponsoring sporting events and running organizations.
For more important information about what NAFTA funds and supports, as well as an application form, go to our website at We Support.
company profile of NAFTA
NAFTA is an international company with extensive experience in natural gas storage and underground facility development in Slovakia. It is also Slovakia’s leader in exploration and production of hydrocarbons. In Europe, the company actively operates gas storage facilities, explores and produces hydrocarbons and participates in renewable energy storage projects. In addition to Slovakia, the company is present in the Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, Austria, and Ukraine.More
NAFTA provides development, engineering and advisory services for facilities with overall storage capacity of approximately 64 TWh.Company history